accessories · fashion · fedora · napa · sonoma · travel blog · wine · wine country · wine tasting ·
Bring your Hat - SONOMA/NAPA ITINERARY
I am sooo excited to spend time with you. Please don’t be put off by this itinerary. I have tried to give you every option and scheduled downtime, but this is your trip too! My strategy is to over plan and delete rather than to sit in a hotel room wondering what to do.
Wine country is dressy casual. Shorts, sundresses, flip-flops , tennis shoes and hats. Bring one or two dress up clothes for dinner if you like. July temperatures range from 55-85 so bring a sweater/jeans for the evening and a swimsuit/sunscreen too.
You will be active. Arrange for a driver, rental car or Uber to and from the San Francisco airport. Bikes are onsite at the Sonoma Lodge Renaissance hotel my hotel of choice, reservations for bikes and tours need to be made in advance.
- UBER to Napa 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wine train Ambassador tour in the Vista Dome
- Car lunch and tasting tours at 2 wineries - Charles Krug and Raymond vineyards (www.winetrain.com)
- UBER to Napa - Options 1 pm - 4:30 pm
- Rutherford Ranch. Reservations are not required, but are available. Voted #1 winery in the Napa Valley. I tasted their wines at a wine festival in Ft. Walton Beach. Yummy and romantic (www.rutherfordranch.com)
- There are bubbles around the corner at Mumm Napa. Beautiful patio and tasting salon. Reservations are available, but not required. #1 Sparkling wine in Napa (mummnapa.com)
- UBER to Jessup Cellars at 5 pm to pick up wine for dinner and the room. I am a member here. It’s my favorite Zinfandel in the valley. Worth a stop and 15% off for members. (www.jessupcellars.com)
- Walk one block at 5:30 pm to Protea for a roof top dinner. Farm fresh, menu changes daily and low key casual (www.proteayv.com)
- Day 2 10 am Bike ride to breakfast at the Sunflower Cafe in Sonoma square (www.sonomasunflower.com) Next in the square we gather our afternoon snack. Taste and buy cheese at Vella (www.vellacheese.com) pick up crusty European style bread at Basque (www.basqueboulangie.com) and grab waters.
- You are biking to 3 wineries today on a self guided tour. First to Sebastiani, then to Bartholomew Park (nice n spicy Zin, beautiful hill top tasting room) and last to Buena Vista (Oldest winery in CA) to visit the Count.
- There is a shortcut through the vines from Bart Park to Buena Vista (www.sebastiani.com) (www.bartpark.com) (www.buenavistawinery.com)
- Bike back through the park for an afternoon snack and onto to hotel.
- 5 pm Spa appointments or hot tub/pool or nap.
- 6 pm - 9pm UBER to Sebastiani winery for live music. Rubber Soul (Beatles tribute band - no charge) was playing while we were there.
- UBER 10 am breakfast at the famous Girl and the Fig in Sonoma square (www.thegirlandthefig.com)
- UBER 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Devaro hiking farm tour and tasting with pairing bites (www.davero.com)
- Downtime in our rooms at the Lodge
- UBER 5 pm to the Olive Press in south Sonoma for take home gifts (www.theolivepress.com) Jacuzzi Cellars is at the same location if you have time for a tasting (www.jacuzziwines.com)
- 7 pm Dinner at Risibisi voted #1 in the foodie capital of Sonoma County, Petaluma. Casual (www.risibisirestaurant.com)
- Late night head to Brewsters or the Mystic Theater
- UBER 11 am - 2 pm Repris winery on historic Moon Mountain ATV cave tour and tasting (www.repriswines.com)
- UBER 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm B.R. Cohn winery for live music. The Cork Pullers (Hefty acoustic band - no charge) and BBQ oysters fresh from Bodega Bay were available when we were there. (www.brcohn.com) (www.thecorkpullers.com)
- UBER 8pm Sonoma square for dinner at Maya (www.mayarestaurant.squarespace.com) for casual Mexican
Raymond, Buena Vista &many other California wines are available to purchase shipped direct to your door or #besocial and join the wine society at:
Leave a comment