Wine Hat Sizing
So you're wondering what hat size you are.
- Why do you only carry one size?
- How do I measure my hat size?
- How do I adjust my hat size?
Why Do You Only Carry One Size?
How do I measure my hat size?
There are two ways of measuring your hat size. These methods are based on the style in which you want to wear/normally wear your hat. You will need to take both measurements and then use the larger of the two measurements to determine your hat size. Once you've received your hat, you can decide how you would like to wear it and adjust your hat size accordingly.
TIP: If you don't have a textile measuring tape, use a string or piece of yarn to measure the distance around your head. After you have marked the yarn around your head, lay it out flat on the ground or table and measure the straightened out piece of yarn with a measuring stick or regular measuring tape.
Method 1: Traditional
- Use a textile measuring tape (or string) to measure the distance around your head crossing through the center part of the back of your head and the forehead just above the eyebrow. The tape should be level with the ground.
- Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Hat sizing is in cm. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest adjusting your hat band accordingly.
Method 2: Halo
The halo method of wearing a hat is when the front of your hat is raised up and the hat sits on the back of your head. To measure your head size using the halo method, measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above your neck, and the front of your head up on your brow.
- Use a textile measuring tape to measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above the neck, and the front of your head high on the brow. The tape should be higher in front than in back.
- Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Wearing a hat Halo style is usually a smaller hat size than wearing a hat traditionally.
How Do I Adjust My Hat Size?
Flip up the sweatband to find the velcro tab and pull to tighten. Velcro the ribbon back in place to secure your desired fit. The adjustable band can adjust the hat up to 5 cm when necessary. Some helpful tips about our adjustable inner band:• A little adjustment goes a long way